Monday, March 11, 2019

March 11-17 Bookmarks

Hello, my friends! What a busy week!!!
My main objective was to get prepared, set up, and keep an eye on my booth at the Simple Treasures Boutique. That alone felt like a full time job, though I am happy with how my booth turned out.

Set up for that was on Tuesday, so Monday was a mad dash to get everything ready! Then, like I said, we set up on Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I went up for a couple of hours and was pleasantly surprised that my good friend, BatJen stopped by (get it, BatJen and Robyn....). We spent the morning enjoying the booths and then I had to race home (don't worry, I didn't speed) to get Juliana to voice lessons and both Vaughn and Paisley were performing at their Parent Teacher Conferences that night. We didn't get to scouts and Roger worked crazy late.

Thursday, we celebrated Roger's birthday, even though it was actually on Saturday. He got a beard shave and trim, we went to dinner, then enjoyed Captain Marvel with our FanX family.
Check out this incredible photo from Mark Loertscher (who happens to be my 3rdish cousin!)


We loved the movie, btw!!

Friday was no less crazy. WIC appointments, my security shift at Simple Treasures, and spending the time at some of our favorite people's house. Roger grew up with a group of kids all his same age and has stayed friends with them for this whole time. We were thrilled to spend all of Friday evening and all day Saturday with one of them (and his family, of course) in their home. They were so generous. We love every minute we get to spend with them and can't wait to see them again.

Saturday evening, after an incredible late lunch with friends, was takedown. We were exhausted by the time we were done, but had promised the kids Fiiz. Let's be honest.... sometimes we promise that as an excuse to get it ourselves! 

Today was so wonderful to rest a little bit. Even in the resting, Roger had 2 church meetings today and I also had one. Then we celebrated Roger's birthday again by going to my parent's house for a delicious dinner.

Somehow, in all of that, I was able to paint a new painting. What do you think? There's more to this story later, but it's definitely a later. (the painting was based on a photograph from one of my friends, Danae Lilyquist. I'll post a side by side next week!)
It's not in the shop yet.

OH! And another thing! If you head to my instagram page https://www.instagram.com/geekgirlph/ , I'm having a sale on all of my leftovers from Simple Treasures. I have some fun stuff left!

But shopping is not why you've searched for this post, haha! It is for bookmarks, which are SO late this week! Please forgive me for that. I am a little sad that I didn't choose to study as much last week as I should have. This week, however, I'll be better!!

Remember to right click, save as.


No comments:

Post a Comment